Check out the tastiest strawberry recipe to add flavour to your summer
Strawberry slab pie
One of the fanciest yet the tastiest strawberry dish to savour in the summer is the Strawberry slab pie. The ingredients needed to prepare the pie have been given below.
1) To make the crust of the pie buttery yet crispy, use flour which can be used for all the purposes. Do remember to sieve the flour so that they are not granulated.
2) Bring in granulated sugar for the pie. You will need 3/4 cup of the sugar only. To make it healthier, you can add brown sugar. However, both white and brown sugar can be added.
3) To form the base, you need to collect 6 tea spoons of corn starch.
4) To give the pie an aesthetic flavour, add 1 tea spoon of orange zest. All the more, do keep handy some orange juice as well. Normally, 2 table spoons of the orange juice will be fine for the pie.
5) A packet of strawberries is required which needs to chopped into quarters.
6) Lastly, do keep one egg white to make the batter smooth and non sticky.
To prepare the buttery pie crust, you need these following ingredients-
1) You need 1 1/4 cup of flour which also ought to be such that it can be used for various purposes.
2) One tea spoon of sugar (both brown and white sugar can be used)
3) A pinch or a 1/2 tea spoon of Kosher salt
4) 1/2 cup or stick of unsalted butter. The butter ought to be cold. Since, you would be adding Kosher salt, it is better to add unsalted butter or else simply use salted butter.
5) 4 tea spoons of ice cold water is required to maintain the consistency of the batter.
The steps in which these ingredients will yield the best results
Step 1 – Take a large mixing bowl and add the given ingredients. To make a crispy pie crust, you ought to whisk flour, salt and the sugar. Whisk it very finely. Add butter to make the batter look like a coarse meal. You can leave out some tiny blobs of butter intact. Next add one tea spoon of water. Then once again whisk it finely. The dough at the end of the first step should be like a crumbly dough.
Step 2 – Put the dough on the trap and get it wrapped with plastic. Then flatten the same and put it into the freezer for 2 hours to make the dough firm.
Step 3 – It is always advisable to use convection oven to prepare the crust of the pie. Pre heat the oven to 425°F. On the baking sheet with the parchment paper, place the dough in a size of 18 inches by 13 inches. Transfer the same dough into a jelly roll pan. Then cut short the dough into an inch overhang. Now, fold the edges to give the perfect lifted borders. Then, let it this to get chilled.
Step 4 – After having prepared the crust, with the leftover dough, cut out stars and flowers shaped figures. This dough should be of a thickness of 1/8 inch to 1/4 inch. Place all these cut out pieces on to the baking sheet and put them into the freezer.
Step 5 – Take a medium sized bowl and add orange zest, sugar and salt to the corn starch. Whisk this mixture thoroughly. Then, add strawberries and the above mentioned tea spoons of orange juice. Next, add all these together. After having stirred them well, put the mix on to a pan to form the base of the pie.
Step 6 – To decorate the tasty pie do follow this step very carefully. Add the egg white to a bowl of 2 tea spoons of water. Whisk the ingredients well and then slightly coat the dough stars and flowers with this egg mix. Place these flowers and stars beautifully on the strawberries. To give these a better look, brush some more egg wash on the sides of the dough flowers and stars. Next, put these into the freezer for 20 minutes.
Step 7 – Take out a large aluminium foil to bake the pie crust. Keep on baking until the ingredients within starts to bubble. The crust should turn golden to slightly yellowish brown. The best time within which a pie crust can be prepared with ease is 50 mins to 60 mins. Do not ever over bake the pie.
Step 8 – After taking out the pie from the oven, let it to cool down on a wire rack for 30 mins (at the maximum). Then, serve these delicious strawberry slab pies to your family.
Best Strawberry Recipe To Enjoy The Hot Summer
- Eggless Strawberry Lemon Tartlets – No Flour | Gluten-Free | Recipe @ recipemagik.com
- French Strawberry Cake | Recipe @ foodtasticmom.com
- Strawberry Skillet Pie | Recipe @ completelydelicious.com
- Deep-Fried Strawberry Shortcake| Recipe @ Oh Sweet Basil
- Breakfast Strawberry Oatmeal Bars | Recipe @ yummiestfood.com
- Strawberry Oatmeal Cookies | Recipe @ theprettybee.com
- Strawberry Popsicles | Recipe @ kitchendreaming.com
- Strawberry Cake | Recipe @ tastesoflizzyt.com
- Strawberry Icebox Cakes | Recipe @ savingdollarsandsense.com
- Strawberry Sorbet | Recipe @ icecreaminspiration.com
- Vanilla Panna Cota with Strawberry Sauce | Recipe @ revisfoodography.com
- Fresh Strawberry Mousse | Recipe @ anitalianinmykitchen.com
- Strawberry crisp | Recipe @ belleofthekitchen.com
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie | Recipe @ thesuburbansoapbox.com
- Strawberry Pie without Jell-O | Recipes @ houseofnasheats.com
- Strawberry Roll Cake | Recipe @ beyondthechickencoop.com